•We rely on a corps of caring volunteers ranging including classroom teachers, principals, parents, other school staff, as well as members of our community.
•We partner with organizations including Wellmark Blue Cross & Blue Shield and the Drake Relays along with many others giving our students a goal for which to strive.
•We use running and the art of movement to not only promote physical health, but to instill confidence and teach success – lessons transferable to all aspects of life.
• provide youth with a fitness resource that is free, fun and accessible;
• serve youth of diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to,
those at greatest risk and with fewest resources;
• offer a positive, familiar and encouraging environment where youth
can work and play with health mentors to improve fitness and well-being;
• help guide the effort of actively combating childhood obesity and its risks attributed to a child's current and future health and wellness;
• promote healthy lifestyles among parents, educators and
other mentors to youth in working toward our mission.