• provide youth with a fitness resource that is free, fun and accessible;
• serve youth of diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to,
those at greatest risk and with fewest resources;
• offer a positive, familiar and encouraging environment where youth
can work and play with health mentors to improve fitness and well-being;
• help guide the effort of actively combating childhood obesity and its risks attributed to a child's current and future health and wellness;
• promote healthy lifestyles among parents, educators and
other mentors to youth in working toward our mission.
•We rely on a corps of caring volunteers ranging including classroom teachers, principals, parents, other school staff, as well as members of our community.
•We partner with local organizations including the Drake Relays and the Des Moines Marathon along with many others giving our students a goal for which to strive.
•We use running and the art of movement to not only promote physical health, but to instill confidence and teach success – lessons transferable to all aspects of life.